PDA

View Full Version : Which flows better Cobra or Exploder intake...

foxnut1
09-01-2006, 10:42 AM
I am planning in the future to build a nice respectful efi motor.. I want to do a port and polish on the upper and lower intake to match the heads (GT-40X) or the RHS heads.. Which intakes would be better the explorer or the cobra ???? The info you will give me will be greatfully appreciated..

Thanks Westside

White90GT
09-01-2006, 11:31 AM
As far as I know, the ports are all the same size thoughout. That said, the explorer can probably be found cheaper, but the Cobra will look better.

Fobra
09-01-2006, 12:25 PM
I know when I had a cobra intake on, my torque was insane, I had about 100 more torque than HP with my head and cam combo. Besides, the cobra looks better imo...it says cobra on it, nuff said :headbang:

white90coupe
09-03-2006, 05:51 AM
Get the cobra because the explorer intake is missing a few sensor holes in the intake and the upper is a little different. I installed one on my buddies fox and it was a pain having to rig it up to make some of the sensors work. Just get the cobra and it will give u no problems.

302kid
09-08-2006, 12:09 AM
put the cobra intake on my 90 lx and it pick up the car alot and plus when you pop the hood you got that good looking intake there cant go wrong