User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WHY MOTORCRAFT OIL AND OIL FILTERS???

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHY MOTORCRAFT OIL AND OIL FILTERS???

WHY MOTORCRAFT OIL AND OIL FILTERS

In July 2006, Ford Motor Company announced Model Year oil change intervals (chart below). Regular oil and filter maintenance is essential and can not be stressed enough.
    Vehicle Specifications Normal Operating Conditions Special Operating Conditions*
    Model

Year Engine Type Engine
    Size Model Miles Maximum Days Miles Hours
    2007 Gas All (except 3.5L) All except Edge, MKX & MKZ) 5,000 or 6 months 3,000 or 3 months 200
    2007 Gas 3.5L Edge, MKX & MKZ 7,500 or 6 months 5,000 or 6 months 200
    2007/2008 Hybrid All All 10,000 or 1 year 5,000 or 6 months 200
    2008 Gas All All 7,500 or 6 months 5,000 or 6 months 200
    * Refer to the Scheduled Maintenance Guide for details on Special Operating Conditions.

MOTORCRAFT OIL

Complete line of engine lubricants provides exceptional performance in three critical areas:
    Fuel Economy - engineered to reduce fuel consumption over time
    Engine Cleanliness - reduces sludge and deposits that rob engine performance
    Engine Wear - protects critical moving parts
    In addition, Motorcraft engine oils are certified to the highest current levels:
    ILSAC GF-4 certified
    API SM and CJ-4 rated

MOTORCRAFT OIL FILTERS

Help screen out unwanted abrasives like carbon, sand, dust and bits of metal before they can get into the oil and wear out the engine.
    Meet OE specifications and are engineered and designed specifically for Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles.
    Provide the right fit for Ford, Lincoln or Mercury vehicles.
    Have as many as 12 high-quality components.
    KEY HIGH-QUALITY OIL FILTER COMPONENTS
    Steel Cases Ironed for a precise fit, fluted to ease removal and painted for rust-resistance
    Pressure Relief Valve When it's cold outside or if the filter becomes clogged, oil flow through the filter can be reduced. If this happens, the relief valve opens to provide a continuous oil supply. Its design also minimizes the chance of contaminated oil recirculating back into the engine.
    Anti-Drain Back Valve This feature keeps oil in the filter to prevent "dry starts" after your engine has been turned off. It's made with specifically formulated material that resists the aging effects that an engine's heat can cause.

Efficient Filter Media Re-engineered media increases Motorcraft filters' dirt-collecting capability, allowing them to capture more engine-harming particles than ever before.

MOTORCRAFT QUALITY ADVANTAGES VERSES AFTERMARKET OIL FILTERS

Motorcraft Oil Filters Aftermarket Oil Filters
    Anti-drain Back Valve
    o All Motorcraft oil filters have an anti-drain back valve
    o Top selling Motorcraft oil filters utilize silicone anti-drain back valves for higher heat resistance

Center Tubes
    o Motorcraft filters have perforated steel center tubes that withstand pressure surges and prevent leakage
    Easy Removal
    o Motorcraft filters utilize a Rotunda flute design for easy removal
    Quality
    o Motorcraft filters have well-bonded end plates and consistent pleat spacing
    o High-quality steel case and base

Pressure Relief Valves
    o Motorcraft filters feature an upfront (threaded-end) pressure relief valve design which prevents unfiltered oil from reaching the engine
    Media Area
    o Motorcraft media area is larger and filters are designed to meet Ford specifications for optimal efficiency and capacity Anti-drain Back Valve
    o Not all Aftermarket filters have anti-drain back valves
    o Many Aftermarket anti-drain back valves are constructed of lower-quality rubber that can become brittle over time when exposed to hot oil
    Center Tubes
    o Many Aftermarket filters have plastic center tubes

Easy Removal
    o Generic Aftermarket filters are not designed to Ford specifications
    Quality
    o Typically, Aftermarket filters are not well bonded, allowing unfiltered bypass
    o Some aftermarket filters may use lower-quality steel case
    Pressure Relief Valves
    o Most Aftermarket filters use a dome-end design relief valve which may allow unfiltered oil into the engine

Media Area
    o Aftermarket filter media area is typically smaller and filters are not designed to meet Ford specifications for efficiency and capacity

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !
    a wise man once said, "you should never deny yourself a donut."

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: WHY MOTORCRAFT OIL AND OIL FILTERS???

We cannot submit a warranty claim on an engine noise unless there is a Motorcraft filter on the car. -Ford Lincoln Mercury Service Advisor
    John Smith - Ford Service Advisor

2005 Mustang GT 5 speed - Sonic Blue, stockish 13.54 @ 106
    1999 Explorer Sport 5 speed - Orange, the boom box/ daily hustler. "Dora"
    2009 Harley Davidson Nightster 1200 - The Death Machine

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No offense, but Royal Purple Oil Filters are a far better filter.
    It's the soldier not the reporter who gives you freedom of the press.
    It's the soldier not the poet who gives you freedom of speech.
    It's the soldier not the campus organizer who allows you to demonstrate.
    It's the soldier who salutes the flag, serves the flag, whose coffin is draped with the flag that allows protesters to burn it.

Trophies
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never seen a Royal Purple oil filter.. hmm.. learn something new everyday

..and I bet money someone else makes them..

"This site is unique from alot of the others. We're a car club that grew a website, whereas alot of the others are websites about cars."- Ultamax

"I'd put a Westside sticker on my car but I would get Westside in trouble!!!"- Timbostang

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Royal Purple makes them in house. They filter 99.9% of all particles, and have one of the highest, if not the highest PSI prior to bursting on the market. Use the oil as well and you engine will love you for a long long time. Yes its a few buck more, but its one of those you get what you pay for items. Granted you go to the dealer for Motorcraft stuff, so they may cost the same.

See for yourself. http://www.royalpurple.com/rp-oil-filter.html
    It's the soldier who salutes the flag, serves the flag, whose coffin is draped with the flag that allows protesters to burn it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our 5 qt oil changes are 24.95 and we use a synthetic blend... Not too bad considering the lube shop I worked at before here charged $35 for a regular run of the mill lube shop oil change.

There is better stuff out there, but for reference, if your Ford still has its powertrain warranty, you had better use motorcraft
    John Smith - Ford Service Advisor

2005 Mustang GT 5 speed - Sonic Blue, stockish 13.54 @ 106
    1999 Explorer Sport 5 speed - Orange, the boom box/ daily hustler. "Dora"
    2009 Harley Davidson Nightster 1200 - The Death Machine

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by So_R_Crazy
    No Royal Purple makes them in house. They filter 99.9% of all particles, and have one of the highest, if not the highest PSI prior to bursting on the market. Use the oil as well and you engine will love you for a long long time. Yes its a few buck more, but its one of those you get what you pay for items. Granted you go to the dealer for Motorcraft stuff, so they may cost the same.

See for yourself. http://www.royalpurple.com/rp-oil-filter.html
    im with this guy, BUT Mobil1 and their filters has done our cars well for over 8+ yrs now. Why would I put a motorcraft filter on my wifes 08 Edge?? I run Mobil1 EP on it and the appropriate filter....
    Need help with your audio install? Let me know....<br /><br />

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not saying the Motorcraft stuff is bad, but if you use a high end filter and oil it should suffice. Just another way to force buyers to come to the dealership and buy their products in order to keep warranty.

Typical dealership double standard, that nothing is as good as their products- which we all know is not true.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Acutally, there is no way a dealer can void a warranty claim simply due to not using a Ford Motorcraft or other dealer brand filter or oil, as long as a comparable part is used. If a dealer is doing that, they are in violation of federal law. See the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. Now if they give you the oil and filter change for free, then they can specify using certain parts. Of course if the aftermarket part causes a failure, then they can deny it.

http://www.accessconnect.com/afterma...s-warranty.htm

I have always used Motorcraft filters on my car, simply because they are reasonable and easy to find.
    87 LX 5.0 - bought new 3/31/87 - 306,000+ mile former daily driver with a blown engine. :(
    Ask me about Fox 5 lug info.

2016 Ruby Red/ Ebony PP GT - new daily driver :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trbstang
    I have always used Motorcraft filters on my car, simply because they are reasonable and easy to find.
    Same here.

And they're white! It makes oil leaks easier to spot.

Gerardo
    This is my Mustang! <br />There are many like it but this one is mine. My Mustang is my best friend, it is my life. I must master it as I master my life. Without me, my Mustang is useless. Without my Mustang, I am useless. I must race my Mustang true. I must race faster than my enemy who is trying to beat me. I must beat him before he beats me. I will! Before God I swear this creed! So be it, until there is no enemy but, peace! Amen!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast