Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: El who hit you mustang ( hoopty's old car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score

El who hit you mustang ( hoopty's old car)

So it begins... I started to get this car ready and hopefully will be racing it in a couple of months.. Yes this is Hoopty's old car...

Installed the following
    1. Baseline prolaunch upper arms and locator
    2. Girdle cover
    3. Strange adjustable rear coil overs ( will see how these do tire clearence was a little close LOL) I will relocate to more to the center if Issues arise.
    4. Lokar throttle cable
    5. Carb throttle bracket
    6. Scott rod firewall blanks
    7. Relocated the Coil
    8. UPR manual brake set up with Wilwood adjustable poportional valve.. Saved some weight
    9. Flamming river manual rack belows
    I also ordered a full spool 31 spline, and c clip eliminators will be installing when they come in.. Super excited..
    Also before I left offshore I left the car getting a chromoly cage and getting the Wolfe ARB welded. Should be done when I go back home in 2 weeks..
    Next plan will be some New adjustable front struts with the coil overs I have already , Bump steer, Tach and misc gauges.. Then off to Wideband tuning in the dyno.. And do suspension tuning and see if I can make it go straight..

Trophies
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My Items for Sale
    I promise I'll get that stuff in the mail this week. I've been crazy busy lately starting a new job am stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    My Items for Sale
    Man those coil overs look good need to get some for my rear

1998 "dark green satin" GONE

CURRENT 01 MG Grey GT slammed ac blowing daily

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My Items for Sale
    Is that a stock driveshaft? I have an aluminum driveshaft in my garage I'll sell for $180. I only need the 8.8 rear bracket off of it since I'm switching back to 8.8 from 9" with a u-joint mount.
    Carl Smith W37
    2014 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium 13.05@109.79 stock
    80 Coupe Carbed stroked and sprayed Windsor 1.27 sixty, 5.48@127 mph 1/8 on nitrous and Mickey Drag Radials
    1.34 sixty, 6.07@113 and 9.58@138mph on motor!
    WSM Car of the Year 2009!!!
    Sponsors: Foreman Racing Heads, Davinci Carbs, and Baseline Suspensions
    Carlrenee1 at comcast dot net

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My Items for Sale
    Good choice on the baseline stuff. I had their ARB and lower ctrl arms on my old White GT. Very well built and great support after the sale. What lower ctrl arms are on it?

Remove the quad shock bracket from the rear frame rail, you no longer need that, its killing a little tire clearance and a couple lbs of weight.

If you keep those rear shocks and coil-over setup like that, I would think about doing some kind of reinforcement to the factory upper shock mount. It wasn't meant to support the weight of the vehicle. Also, a suggested tire thats not as wide would be a 28x9 ET drag or 28x11.5 ET Street. They will hook good and fit well.
    Carl Smith W37
    80 Coupe Carbed stroked and sprayed Windsor 1.27 sixty, 5.48@127 mph 1/8 on nitrous and Mickey Drag Radials

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Can someone explain the "name" of the car?
    2014 Honda Civic Si sedan (daily driver)
    2001 Ford Mustang GT *sold* ... Next Mustang I own will be a foxbody

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by White90GT View Post
    Is that a stock driveshaft? I have an aluminum driveshaft in my garage I'll sell for $180. I only need the 8.8 rear bracket off of it since I'm switching back to 8.8 from 9" with a u-joint mount.

Sounds very tempting Carl... I took a big hit buying all of this stuff and paying the chromoly 6pt and ARB in full this week,,, it left me broke LOL Let me get the adjustable struts and bump steer out of the way and hopefully you still have the driveshaft...

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by White90GT View Post
    Good choice on the baseline stuff. I had their ARB and lower ctrl arms on my old White GT. Very well built and great support after the sale. What lower ctrl arms are on it?

Remove the quad shock bracket from the rear frame rail, you no longer need that, its killing a little tire clearance and a couple lbs of weight.

If you keep those rear shocks and coil-over setup like that, I would think about doing some kind of reinforcement to the factory upper shock mount. It wasn't meant to support the weight of the vehicle. Also, a suggested tire thats not as wide would be a 28x9 ET drag or 28x11.5 ET Street. They will hook good and fit well.

The lowers look like hotchkis standard boxed non adjustable... Maybe Hoopty can chime in on this..

I will remove those shock brackets... as soon as I get home....

Thank you for the tip on bracing the upper shock mount,,, Do you think bracing them to the rear roll bar would be ok?? or a brace from side to side that some stores sell ok?? I read from people doing either or.. What do you think

The car currently has 275-50-15 BFG drag on a 10'' rim they clear the coil over somewhat descent.. i will go to the speed shop when the day comes to get tires..

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by lsbcvs View Post
    Sounds very tempting Carl... I took a big hit buying all of this stuff and paying the chromoly 6pt and ARB in full this week,,, it left me broke LOL Let me get the adjustable struts and bump steer out of the way and hopefully you still have the driveshaft...
    Well, I haven't posted it up for sale yet until I pull the rear yoke/bracket off and make sure I have what I need, but u know the old saying, money talks. I still have some upgrades to buy and went broke myself as far as car money with a trip to TX Performance yesterday LOL.
    Carl Smith W37

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTX View Post
    Can someone explain the "name" of the car?
    LOL I knew people were going to ask....

Ok so I live in south texas and the phrase (Who Hit You) means Qien te pego in spanish.. Which is funny its kind of hard to explain unless you know spanish slang,, Its basically saying who wooped your ass ,but without badwords.. I dont know i guess you have to be from south texas.. <but its funny

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast