Thread: 2008 Fusion 4 cyc with bad rear

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2008 Fusion 4 cyc with bad rear

So I was sitting in the back of my brother in laws fusion and when he would hit a bump, it felt as if the rear was sliding to the side, and bottoming out. I was thinking the bottoming out was maybe bad shocks and maybe some bushing, called locally shop and said that it may be the rear control arm bushings..

Ive tried to find anything on that online and find rear control arms, but when you click the links it shows pics and steps for the front suspension not rear.

Can anyone tell me what they were referring to?
    I found one post else where that mentioned or called it Rear Spring perch/lower control arm bushing
    Is that what its called? Are the bushing replaceable or does the entire control / perch have to be replaced?

And if the shocks need replacing, is that easy on these cars? I found some videos/steps but again not for this car.. so not sure if they are the same or completely different.

Trophies
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might sound dumb, but check the lug nuts. Someone tried to steal my wheels and didn't know until I went into a curb and had the same feeling you explained. They were so loose that the wheels were wobbling and felt as if was sliding out from under itself. HTH

Good luck

3. Thanks Swole thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea weather permitting this weekend we are going to get under the car to do a visual and see if anything is noticeable. Ive already got quotes from the shop $200 per side based on what I described, obviously not accurate until they see what is actually wrong, but gives a ball park figure.. Got prices from ford (Anthony at Tommy Vaughn) and the local parts store to see if its something we can do on the cheap ourselves.

Ill def check the rear tires to make sure they are secure.