Thread: Dyno Tune question

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dyno Tune question

I have a question in regards to Dyno Tunes at the various performance shops. Do all performance shops get you to sign a liability waiver that pretty much excludes them from all liability? This pretty much covers them even for negligence on their part. What if they were using straps on the dyno that were frayed or completely did the tune wrong that blew up your engine, etc?

I am part owner in a customer service oriented company that supports business with their Information Technology infrastructure which includes missing critical data and availability. What if one of my guys accidently did something that caused loss of data. This very well could happen and that is why we carry 2 Million Dollars of liability Insurance. Why wouldn't these performance shops have the same thing? Why not cover themselves but instead give a blanket liability waiver that doesn't cover them at all. How can this be good for the customer?
    Last edited by 05blkmustang; 03-25-2014 at 10:44 AM.
    1984 Mustang GT Turbo Convertible
    Desert Tan with Desert Tan interior and Black Top
    T4 Turbo with Intercooler and SVO computer

1986 Mustang GT T-Tops
    Dark Grey with Charcoal Interior

1995 Mustang GT Convertible
    Teal w/Black Top/Black Interior
    302 with TFS Stage 1 Cam, Patriot 185 heads, TFS 1.6 RR, Typhoon Intake, 24lb Injectors, 70mm MAS, ASP Underdrive Pulleys, BBK CAI, BBK 65MM TB, BBK Shorty headers, BBK o/r X Pipe, Flowmaster Exhast, Pro 5.0 Shifter and 3.73 gears

2005 Mustang GT
    Custom Black/Tungsten/True Blue/Purple Paint
    Custom Black/Blue Interior
    Current Mods: KB Stage 2, 1 5/8 SW Long Tubes, SSS Axle Back, Ford Racing Girdle, Eiback Pro Struts/Dampers, Eiback Pro Sway Bars, Shelby Camber Plates, GT500 Replica Rims, Auto Meter Gauges, Smokes Halos and brake lights.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 05blkmustang View Post
    I have a question in regards to Dyno Tunes at the various performance shops. Do all performance shops get you to sign a liability waiver that pretty much excludes them from all liability? This pretty much covers them even for negligence on their part. What if they were using straps on the dyno that were frayed or completely did the tune wrong that blew up your engine, etc?

I am part owner in a customer service oriented company that supports business with their Information Technology infrastructure which includes missing critical data and availability. What if one of my guys accidently did something that caused loss of data. This very well could happen and that is why we carry 2 Million Dollars of liability Insurance. Why wouldn't these performance shops have the same thing? Why not cover themselves but instead give a blanket liability waiver that doesn't cover them at all. How can this be good for the customer?
    I'm pretty sure if a strap broke and your car got messed up they would fix it, if it's a reputable shop.
    If you keep telling them "MOAR POWER" when you're not happy with the results, that they're going to tell you to pound sand.
    You need to TELL them to be conservative on the tune if you're not willing to bear some risk.

As always YMMV, and always seek out forum sponsors/reputable shops.
    1998 Cobra- Project Red Devil
    2007 Lexus IS250- Daily SLAB