Thread: Hoopty 2.0

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopty5.0 View Post
    I'd love to be offended by that, but the truth is the truth, hahaha! Y'all should be proud of me for sticking with this car for so long and actually finishing a turbo build!
    Yeah, I kind of figured you would get a kick out of that one.

I still say go with the used one you found, if anything run it as is or rebuild yourself after some beers and YouTube videos. It really is not going to be that bad a deal to do, far less harder than some of the other things you have accomplished.
    -- Admiral Aaron

2. Likes hoopty5.0 liked this post
    Trophies
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always imagined a turbo car would be much easier on a transmission since the power hits progressively instead of hitting hard AF like a N2O car does.

"This site is unique from alot of the others. We're a car club that grew a website, whereas alot of the others are websites about cars."- Ultamax

"I'd put a Westside sticker on my car but I would get Westside in trouble!!!"- Timbostang

4. Likes 00mach1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipe656 View Post
    Is your friends car turbocharged? If so then I say fluke it is lasting and more driver style than anything else. I have seen tons and tons of C4 failures with turbo 302s. Just been more common than not for them to fail. But heck what do I know, plus with the way ADD kicks in on his combos then chances are no transmission he puts in will get the chance to fail

Sent from my iPad Nano
    Yes it is.. I'd say he has at least 40 passes on it right now.. Not sure if you know Timmy Stubb's or not (Eric Stubbs' son)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/6909/mybanner4a01fbcd4488e.jpg[/img][/URL]

2011 Grabber Blue 5.0 Brembo car (Daily)
    2000 GT Auto- Totaled :(
    1990 GT 5 spd- Never ending project
    1990 Coupe-(Girlfriends car)
    1990 GT- Sold
    1994 Lightning

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get all the parts to beef a 4r70w up to hold 1200hp for $1,000-1,200 including a billet intermediate shaft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 GT Premium A6

Sleeved Block 80MM Billet 3BB Comp turbo Full Suspension tuned by Black Mamba Speed - 138.8mph pedaling on 10psi

Trophies
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSPSTANGBANGER View Post
    You can get all the parts to beef a 4r70w up to hold 1200hp for $1,000-1,200 including a billet intermediate shaft

The only thing I'm worried about is checking/missing tolerances or getting balls deep into the rebuild and realizing I need a certain tool that is gold plated only available in a left handed model.
    My name is Collin and I have a problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopty5.0 View Post
    The only thing I'm worried about is checking/missing tolerances or getting balls deep into the rebuild and realizing I need a certain tool that is gold plated only available in a left handed model.
    I got a trans guy that can do it inexpensively for you also
    He does racing transmissions in 2,000hp cars

2014 GT Premium A6

Sleeved Block 80MM Billet 3BB Comp turbo Full Suspension tuned by Black Mamba Speed - 138.8mph pedaling on 10psi

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipe656 View Post
    Start off with a used one and see if it handles things as is. It might surprise you.

As far as OD and enjoyable driving. That is such a huge personal preference and quite frankly really narrows down to a combination of driver preferences AND car combo. I own two mustangs, one lacks OD, power steering, AC, and a radio, it is a TON more enjoyable to drive every day and I should note both my Mustangs are very slow. I have my brothers Mustang which is pretty quick and AC is broken in, it has OD, power steering, and radio though yet rarely do I think about even starting it up let alone driving it. To each their own but I have yet another car here that lacks OD and I put well over 100k miles on driving it all over Texas over the years and not once thought if only it had OD then I would enjoy it so much more.

Sent from my iPad Nano
    Like you said, personal preference. I'm getting old, I don't want my car screaming at me on the highway lol

One day the same people that doubt your dream will tell people how they met you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TxFireman1972 View Post
    Like you said, personal preference. I'm getting old, I don't want my car screaming at me on the highway lol
    Get old like me then your hearing will go bad like mine.
    -- Admiral Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just my two cents. But you could gear the car so you don't have to use overdrive during most racing. If you need to shift under power to overdrive you could lift, allow shift, then roll back into the power. I would imagine that would be a pretty rare event. However, I'm not sure of the cars intended use.

Trophies
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woopow View Post
    Just my two cents. But you could gear the car so you don't have to use overdrive during most racing. If you need to shift under power to overdrive you could lift, allow shift, then roll back into the power. I would imagine that would be a pretty rare event. However, I'm not sure of the cars intended use.

Just a street car for fun. My DD is a 6 spd coyote so I'm not worried about this being auto too much

My name is Collin and I have a problem.

Page 131 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast