Thread: Tuners - Disappointment

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tuners - Disappointment

I am pretty disappointed at this point. My car had a Kenny Bell tune on when I put my supercharger on. Took my 05 Mustang to Fastlane a few months back to get dyno/tune to correct a problem that I was having with not being able to get my car inspected because it was getting a "not ready" on the cats. Got the car and after a few days while driving I got a few failsafe modes. Took the car back to have the problem corrected; but they didn't fix the failsafe and drivability wasn't as good as it was with the Kenny Bell tune. Scheduled to take it back, got the car there and they said it was too busy, so a wasted trip. Finally got it back to them and they weren't able to solve the problem again. Took it back one last time and basically they had to put the original tune back on. One thing they didn't tell me initially was that they were going to use an HP Tuner to do the tune, which requires a license. I paid $650 total including the HP Tune license to get the Dyno/tune and now they are going to only credit me $200. Do you'll think this is reasonable.
    Last edited by 05blkmustang; 07-30-2014 at 06:10 PM.
    1984 Mustang GT Turbo Convertible
    Desert Tan with Desert Tan interior and Black Top
    T4 Turbo with Intercooler and SVO computer

1986 Mustang GT T-Tops
    Dark Grey with Charcoal Interior

1995 Mustang GT Convertible
    Teal w/Black Top/Black Interior
    302 with TFS Stage 1 Cam, Patriot 185 heads, TFS 1.6 RR, Typhoon Intake, 24lb Injectors, 70mm MAS, ASP Underdrive Pulleys, BBK CAI, BBK 65MM TB, BBK Shorty headers, BBK o/r X Pipe, Flowmaster Exhast, Pro 5.0 Shifter and 3.73 gears

2005 Mustang GT
    Custom Black/Tungsten/True Blue/Purple Paint
    Custom Black/Blue Interior
    Current Mods: KB Stage 2, 1 5/8 SW Long Tubes, SSS Axle Back, Ford Racing Girdle, Eiback Pro Struts/Dampers, Eiback Pro Sway Bars, Shelby Camber Plates, GT500 Replica Rims, Auto Meter Gauges, Smokes Halos and brake lights.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they did nothing but return the way you brought it there you should get full refund... I personally like the guys there. Well the ones I remember from when I worked there. They said they would tune my fox for like 350 plus the tuner. Either way I think if they did nothing you should get a full refund..
    I don't always go wot but when I do its next to a Prius.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive seen their work before and I was not impressed..
    2013 GT gone before the junk mt82 died...
    2013 ecoboost F150

1999 mustang 03 cobra clone with 5.3L, S476, Holley EFI , TH400, PTC converter on E85

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skater4690 View Post
    If they did nothing but return the way you brought it there you should get full refund... I personally like the guys there. Well the ones I remember from when I worked there. They said they would tune my fox for like 350 plus the tuner. Either way I think if they did nothing you should get a full refund..
    Their tune did allow me to get my car inspected; but, I don't think that is worth $450 that they are not refunding.

1986 Mustang GT T-Tops

302 with TFS Stage 1 Cam, Patriot 185 heads, TFS 1.6 RR, Typhoon Intake, 24lb Injectors, 70mm MAS, ASP Underdrive Pulleys, BBK CAI, BBK 65MM TB, BBK Shorty headers, BBK o/r X Pipe, Flowmaster Exhast, Pro 5.0 Shifter and 3.73 gears

2005 Mustang GT
    Current Mods: KB Stage 2, 1 5/8 SW Long Tubes, SSS Axle Back, Ford Racing Girdle, Eiback Pro Struts/Dampers, Eiback Pro Sway Bars, Shelby Camber Plates, GT500 Replica Rims, Auto Meter Gauges, Smokes Halos and brake lights.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My guess is they cant refund the license from HP tuners as its locked to your ECM now and that's why it cost you so much.
    You might contact Eric Brooks about tune as he is a key guy in developing the Ford tuning stuff for HP and can likely get your tune sorted cheaply. He is on ModularFords and S197 forums
    2014 GT Premium A6

Sleeved Block 80MM Billet 3BB Comp turbo Full Suspension tuned by Black Mamba Speed - 138.8mph pedaling on 10psi

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSPSTANGBANGER View Post
    My guess is they cant refund the license from HP tuners as its locked to your ECM now and that's why it cost you so much.
    You might contact Eric Brooks about tune as he is a key guy in developing the Ford tuning stuff for HP and can likely get your tune sorted cheaply. He is on ModularFords and S197 forums
    The HP Tune License was $100, which I knew that would probably not be refunded. My understanding of the HP Tune License is that it is tied to the shop that got the license and the car that was being tuned. If I wanted to get it tuned by someone else using the HP tuner, it would cost me another $100 for the license.

1986 Mustang GT T-Tops

2005 Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The license is tied to the shops hp tuner interface. You can always license your ecu with another tuners interface unless they lock it. Once a interface has 8 cars of the same make and model, that year is unlocked and they get the credits free
    2013 GT gone before the junk mt82 died...
    2013 ecoboost F150

1999 mustang 03 cobra clone with 5.3L, S476, Holley EFI , TH400, PTC converter on E85

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you still have a SCT handheld?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk