Thread: 1993 Electric Red Coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fack!# I love every time I come in here and there's updates!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grabbed a set of spark plug heat sleeves the other day when I saw them on sale on Amazon.

Got some more work done on the AC. I started out trying to adapt the LS AC lines. I just didnt like how it was going so I decided to make all new lines. Ordered all of my fittings and the hose I needed.

I went to a few places locally and just wasnt having much luck so I decided to just order a hose crimp kit and do it myself.

The tool work great and makes good looking crimps.

I have one fitting that needed to be welded on the Dryer, and one that needed to welded on the condenser. So I dropped them off to have them welded up.

Here is the fitting on the dryer

Here is the one on the condenser

I need to get those picked back up so I can get my hoses measured and finish crimping the fittings on.

I also ordered a billet adapter block that bolts to the back of the compressor that makes it easier to run the hoses.

Looks like this on the compressor

Tried a couple of belts and found the right one

So once I get the dryer and condenser back I can finish up my hoses, get everything put on, and should be ready to have a vacuum pulled and charge it up!

One day the same people that doubt your dream will tell people how they met you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That tool does make some nice looking crimps. If you don't mind me asking how much was it and who makes it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplytodd View Post
    That tool does make some nice looking crimps. If you don't mind me asking how much was it and who makes it?
    As Billy said works really good, but gotta make sure shell is straight in the crimp and hose is bottomed out inside..

Here is the one we have at work looks identical

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 00mach1; 05-19-2017 at 10:36 AM.
    http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/6909/mybanner4a01fbcd4488e.jpg[/img][/URL]

2011 Grabber Blue 5.0 Brembo car (Daily)
    2000 GT Auto- Totaled :(
    1990 GT 5 spd- Never ending project
    1990 Coupe-(Girlfriends car)
    1990 GT- Sold
    1994 Lightning

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn you Billy! /me adds crimper to cart...

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighbors View Post
    Damn you Billy! /me adds crimper to cart...
    This is the one I bought

http://www.toolpan.com/Mastercool-71...per-_p_16.html

I did buy the extra dies for reduced barrier hose. So that was about another $100. Reduced barrier hose has the same ID, but has thinner walls so the OD is smaller. Uses reduced barrier fittings too, due to the reduced OD. The smaller hose is used on most newer stuff. Easier to use, bend for curves etc. Also looks better than standard hose.
    Last edited by TxFireman1972; 05-19-2017 at 01:02 PM.

One day the same people that doubt your dream will tell people how they met you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 00mach1 View Post
    As Billy said works really good, but gotta make sure shell is straight in the crimp and hose is bottomed out inside..

Here is the one we have at work looks identical

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Same one I bought

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use Eaton/Aeroquip EZ-clip on stuff here at work; works well, but doesn't have the sexy factory-crimp look. Thanks for posting it Billy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighbors View Post
    We use Eaton/Aeroquip EZ-clip on stuff here at work; works well, but doesn't have the sexy factory-crimp look. Thanks for posting it Billy!
    Had several suppliers tell me the clip on was only for R12, and not to use it for R134. Who knows lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got some more work done on the AC.

I finished making up the lines lines. I also picked up the condenser and accumulator from having the fittings tig welded on. Got everything mounted up and I'm very happy with how it turned out. Doesn't take up much space at all. I have a little wiring to take care of and then it should be ready to pull a vacuum on it and charge it up! I do need to make some spacers for my sway bar too. It is hitting the compressor.

Here are the parts ready to go in

This is the male o-ring fitting I had tig welded onto the condenser. Thats for the line coming from the compressor. I left the springlock fitting on the other tube because thats where the stock liquid line hooks up.

Also had the male o-ring fitting welded onto the accumulator

The Hawk Motorsports LS swap adapter mounted on the compressor

This is the liquid line that runs from the condenser to the evaporator. With the fittings on the condenser and evaporator still stock, I could have just used a stock liquid line. But I've never liked how the liquid line runs right by the header on a Fox Mustang. So I ordered a Springlock fitting for the firewall end (far left in the picture), and then I cut the ferrule off of the hose where it attaches to the metal line on the other end (right in the picture) and reused that metal section, and crimped with a new ferrule. The orifice tube is located in that section, otherwise I would have just ran straight hose all the way.

Discharge line from compressor to the condenser. 90 degree 0-ring fitting with service port on the condenser end (connects to new fitting on condenser). 90 degree 0-ring fitting where it attaches to the adapter on the compressor.

Hose running from compressor to the new fitting on the accumulator. 90 degree o-ring fitting on the compressor end. Straight o-ring fitting with service port on the accumulator end.

Like I said, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I'll do something a little more final than the zipties, just had them in there to see how everything would sit lol.

11. Likes ruquick liked this post
Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast