Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighbors View Post
    Looks good Billy! Did the rotor/wheel alignment rings come from Racestars as well? I would like to find better source for them than the ones I have made now (the ones you have look similar to ones I had machined years ago, but cost tripled and ate me up)...

Chris
    yes they came with the Racestars. They are plastic though, not metal

One day the same people that doubt your dream will tell people how they met you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Hurricane Harvey brought my progress to a stop. Was at the Fire Station for about 8 days straight, then once I got away from work I've been tied up helping friends with flooded houses, ripping out sheetrock and basically throwing everything they own out on the curb. Luckily my house was high and dry and the car is fine.

I did get some things done on the car before the storm got here, I just haven't had any time to update.

I had to order a set of Maximum Motorsports rear disc brake hoses because the banjo fittings on the stock hoses were hitting on the 15x10 Racestars.

Bolted right in and cleared the wheel fine

I also decided to go ahead and grab ARP wheel studs for the front and rear. I picked up a 39/64" drill bit to drill out the front hubs for the ARP studs which are .625". The rears work without drilling. I also went ahead and picked up the Lisle wheel stud install tool which works awesome! It basically has a bearing so as you pull it in with a lug nut it cuts the friction and makes it much easier than just using a lug nut.

Rear studs installed (wheel stud tool pictured)

Front caliper adapter bracket and studs installed

Front rotors and calipers installed

Kevlar brake lines and adapters for front calipers

The 17x4.5 Racestars clear no problem

Here are a few more pictures of the calipers

So that's about where it was when I left for the storm. It was still up on the jack stands just in case lol. Luckily that wasn't the case. Still need to get my front tires ordered.

One day the same people that doubt your dream will tell people how they met you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally found a little time to work on the car.

I ordered a set of Mickey Thompson Sportsman SR 26x6x17 tires for the front.

255/60/15 M/T drag radials for the rear

Got everything mounted and balanced, and put them on the car. I'm VERY happy with how they turned out!

I also ordered my rod for my battery disconnect.

Installed (trim panels only removed for install)

I have an extra taillight lens that I drilled to allow the rod to pass through. I'll put that one on for track trips. For normal daily driving I'll pull the rod out and stick the stock taillight lens on.

Finished buttoning the exhaust back up and took it for a ride!

4. Likes hoopty5.0 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might have to switch to 17s on the front of mine, those look good on there!
    Carl Smith W37
    2014 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium 12.87@110. bone stock
    80 Coupe Carbed stroked and sprayed Windsor mid 5s in the 1/8 on nitrous and Mickey Drag Radials
    WSM Car of the Year 2009!!!
    Sponsors: Foreman Racing Heads, Davinci Carbs
    Carlrenee1 at comcast dot net

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by White90GT View Post
    I might have to switch to 17s on the front of mine, those look good on there!
    Thanks. I was back and forth, but really happy with how they turned out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More changes coming!!!

8. Likes FORGED88 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its going to take me some time to gather parts for the LSA swap, but I did go ahead and make some changes in preparation for the swap. I had a Texas Speed MS3 cam which was not going to be ideal for the blower setup. So I wanted to go ahead and get that changed out, along with changing to CTS-V front accessories instead of the F-body accessories I had.

So I grabbed some parts:

CTS-V water pump and Cometic gaskets
    CTS-V front accessories
    LSA balancer
    Texas Speed Cam
    Texas Speed valve springs
    GM Performance oil pump
    LS2 timing chain
    Comp Cams Trunnion upgrade

I also grabbed a crank pin kit and ARP balancer bolt

I ordered the CTS-V power steering fitting/reducer from TurnOne to adapt to the 6an fitting. Its made specifically for the CTS-V pump in order to clear the pulley and to reduce the pressure to be compatible with the Mustang steering rack.

I went ahead ordered the ICT Billet alternator bracket that allows you to run a truck alternator (or almost any other LS Alternator) instead of the CTS-V alternator, which is the only thing that will work with the stock CTS-V alternator bracket. I picked up a 145amp truck alternator for it.

Also had to cruise the hose racks at Oreilly's to come up with new radiator hoses to work with the CTS-V pump.

Got everything buttoned back up. The only thing I'm lacking is the AC which I'm going to have to make some changes too. But I'm able to drive it again while I gather parts for the LSA blower install.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good! Lots of work and time right there.

1.26 60'
    5.78 @ 117 1/8
    9.17 @ 141 1/4

417" Brodix Track 1X naturally aspirated @ 2900 lbs → → → http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfjkNF0SrKU

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No big changes yet. I installed my AC stuff. I bought a GM Performance add-on AC kit that matches up with the CTS-V accessories

I was able to use the bracket, tensioner, etc, but ended up not being able to use that compressor because the fittings for the hoses would point straight at my sway bar mount, because they come out of the side of the compressor.

So I picked up a C5 compressor. Its set up just like my F-body compressor was so I was able to use my same adapter.

Due to the fact that it sits a little further back than the F-body compressor did, I had to redo the lines going to the compressor. So I ordered a few fittings

Made up the lines, crimped the ends, and wrapped the fittings on the compressor end with heat tape since they are close to the header.

Installed:

Need to pull a vacuum on it and charge it up when I get a chance. No big hurry now with it getting cold outside lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good Billy! Mine is getting some paint and body love at the moment
    2013 GT gone before the junk mt82 died...
    2013 ecoboost F150

1999 mustang 03 cobra clone with 5.3L, S476, Holley EFI , TH400, PTC converter on E85

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast