Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blue90coupe View Post
    Looking good Billy! Mine is getting some paint and body love at the moment
    Nice! I can't wait to see that thing finished!

One day the same people that doubt your dream will tell people how they met you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couple of updates on the car.

I have a Hurst Line Lock I have had for a while, just haven't gotten around to installing it. So I finally got that put on. Tucked it in behind the driver's side strut tower. I'm happy with how it turned out. Its kind of out of sight, but still accessible. I need to wire it up, but its all plumbed up.

I also have been looking at upgrading my Holley HP ECU to a Dominator and finally did. The Dominator has a lot more features, the biggest being LOTS more inputs/outputs. The HP had 4 inputs and 4 outputs, the Dominator has like 40 of each. The possibilities are endless as far as what you can do with it.

Size comparison between the HP and Dominator

I made a plate to mount it under the passenger's side seat where I had my HP mounted

One day the same people that doubt your dream will tell people how they met you!

3. Likes FORGED88, hoopty5.0 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I decided to redo my relay board for my fuel pumps. This is what I had.

Pic from when I was putting it together:

It was mounted on the side of my battery box:

I was wanting something more enclosed and protected. I went for a walk through the junkyard to see what I could find lol. Ended up finding a relay/fusebox out of a Nissan Maxima. Looked like this:

I pulled it all apart and modified it to hold the fuse block from my old panel. Also took out all of the mismatched relay sockets and put 6 of the same 4-prong relay sockets. Four of them will be used for my fuel pumps, like before, and the other two will be available for future needs. Underneath I added a terminal block for attaching the inputs/outputs of each relay. The large blue wire coming into the box is the positive feed coming from the switched side of my battery disconnect switch and it feeds the fuse block. There's also a ground stud on the outside to run ground to the relays. The plug on the opposite end has four wires. Two are fuel pump signal wires coming from the Holley ECU. One for the primary fuel pump and one for the secondary fuel pump. The other two wires are positive out of the relays, going to the fuel pumps. Slapped some plastic paint on it and it's good to go! I installed it in the car but forgot to take pictures. Works great and looks a lot better than before!

Trophies
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh you fancy
    My name is Collin and I have a problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopty5.0 View Post
    Oh you fancy
    I dont know about that. I am glad I played operation a lot when I was a kid, because I needed it to get all of that packed in there! lol

7. Thanks hoopty5.0 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made another smaller relay box. This one has two relays in it.

One is for the starter solenoid which sends power to the small wire down on the starter.

The other is a relay that interrupts the horn signal. When I turn the line lock activation switch on (I'll add a virtual switch on my digital dash) it opens the relay and takes the horn signal to the line lock instead of the horn when the horn button is pushed. This way the horn functions normally with the line lock turned off (relay closed), but with the line lock turned on(relay open) I can activate it using my horn button on the steering wheel. I was originally going to use the cruise control "off" button, but its too low and I didnt care for it there.

Here is how the relay box looks mounted over by the brake booster:

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I haven't been on much, but stay tuned, updates coming soon!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally had a day available today and went and picked up the replacement engine. Its nothing exotic lol. Its a LS2 aluminum 6.0L/243 heads out of a 70k miles 2007 Corvette. Was pulled from a running and driving car for a turbo/built motor build. I purchased it pretty much as a long block. The 6.0 will be an upgrade, but because its still cathedral port, all of my intake and associated parts will swap right over. But with the 6.0 I'll have the option to upgrade to square port heads if I ever decided to go that route, which was not an option with the 5.7 LS1 I had.

I sold my LS1 to a friend as a long block and kept the following:

Oil Pan
    Valve covers
    Coils/brackets
    Front accessories
    LS6 intake/TB
    Holley fuel rails and Holley injectors
    TSP cam (SOLD)
    TSP hardened pushrods
    TSP PAC .660 springs/titanium locks/retainers

Ordering some parts for it before it goes in:

GM performance oil pump
    LS2 timing chain
    Trunnion Upgrade (Bronze)
    BTR Stage 3 N/A LS3 cam
    LS7 lifters
    Head gaskets
    New Holley 58X main harness

For now it will be N/A but will probably get some nitrous at some point for track trips.

Here are a few pics after I got it home. This is how it was pulled from the car. Hasnt been pressure washed or anything, pretty clean.

11. Likes FORGED88 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a little setback on the LS2 I picked up. Was told it was pulled from a running/driving low mileage 2007 Vette. When I went to pick it up, I tell him I'm coming to get it and he tells me "my helper pulled the heads because he got it mixed up with another motor." So he knocks a little off because it's not a complete long block anymore, and will need head gaskets, bolts, etc.

Went to swap in new valve springs in the 243's and this is what I find. Full of dirt, crap off of tress etc. Like they have been sitting somewhere, not from a running car. Seller swears it was running and driving the day he pulled it, a week or so before I went to get it. My mistake for trusting him and not looking it over better when I picked it up. So now I'll be pulling the heads apart to redo them, along with digging a little further into the short block, because who knows what the true story is on the rest of it. Like I said, my mistake for not looking it over better. It's a small setback, but in the end I'll know it's solid and ready to go. So it's time to tear into it and start ordering parts! Lol

A few pics of what I found inside the heads, on top of the valves. It's not terrible, it's just not what I was told it was.

13. Likes FORGED88 liked this post
    Trophies
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn man, that's just as bad as those P heads I got a few weeks ago!
    My name is Collin and I have a problem.

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast