Thread: 1993 Electric Red Coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drove it to work today. It wasn't a long drive lol, but it definitely feels good! Very happy with how the swap turned out. I have some 4" aluminum tubing ordered so I can make an intake tube to move the air filter out a little further. Then I need to start gathering AC parts so I can get that all hooked up.

One day the same people that doubt your dream will tell people how they met you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweet
    Matt

Texas DPS Engine Swap Info
    Rockin the 2007 S197 GT

3. Thanks TxFireman1972 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 4" aluminum tubing (with a 45 degree bend) came in so I was able to make my new intake tube to push the filter out further and get it away from the heat of the engine/radiator. I'm happy with how it turned out.

One day the same people that doubt your dream will tell people how they met you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks good
    1993 Coupe

6. Thanks TxFireman1972 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took it out and put some miles on it after the rain cleared up today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had to get another clutch cable. When the last one burned on the old headers I grabbed one from Oreilly. Short story...they are JUNK compared to a OEM cable. Noticed over the past few days that the cable was feeling strange. Well it finally gave up. Basically because the cable is so cheaply made it was just pulling the guts out of the cable.

So I made a run to the U-Pull-It and grabbed a cable off of a low mileage 2000 model. They are pretty much the same cable except they are about 4" to 5" longer than a Fox cable. That way you can pull it out away from the header more. Where it passes through the firewall the plastic bushing is just a little smaller. I cut the end off of a Fox cable and modified it to make a bushing for it. I also wrapped it with two layers of heat protective sleeve and then then wrapped it all with heat protective tape. Probably WAY overkill, but better safe than sorry lol.

Also modified the bracket and remounted it to pull the cable away from the header and towards the strut tower more

Trophies
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool! How's it running otherwise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My name is Collin and I have a problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Runs great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    badass! hope it continues to run well...
    Matt

Texas DPS Engine Swap Info
    Rockin the 2007 S197 GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to eat the other and drove the Mustang. On the way home I smelled something burning and noticed something on the car smoking when I stopped at an intersection. So I pulled over and looked at it. I had either run over a big piece of plastic or it had blown under my car at some point. It was a pretty big piece of plastic like a big bag that something was shipped in or something like that. The bad part is that it had melted all over my nice new stainless headers. Smells like crap and smokes like crazy. Took it home and parked it. Pulled the rest of the plastic bag off, but it was already all over my headers and h-pipe. I've driven it since then and it's still burning off what's left of the plastic melted on the headers. I need to try to figure out how to clean the headers off. That crap is everywhere!

Any ideas what I can do to clean that mess off of the headers? Or do I just have to wait until it burns off?

Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast