Thread: Kenny Bell Installation

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Kenny Bell Installation

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this question, if not please point me in the correct direction.

I am considering an upgrade to a KB 2.8L liquid cooled blower. It seems the next step in Mods for what I am doing. As I have been reading it seems there is some clearance issues between the Stainless Works headers if the motor is lowered, and the hood X brace if it is not lowered. Was looking for input on what is the best route, or if both have to be done to clear the blower and the hood.
    I am told this is a fairly straight forward upgrade (KB blower,KB boost-a-pump, ID1000 injectors), any input would be appreciated. Lund has done my tuning to this point and he will be providing the upgraded tune for the project.
    The car is a weekend driver, with Mile and 1/2 mile runs throughout the year.

I have found many answers to my questions in the posts of others in the past and say thank you to those that take the time to answer and advise the questions in these pages of user posts.
    2011 SVT GT500 COBRA
    Steeda Sport Springs, Steeda Triple Pass Exchanger and fans, Evolution 10% lower, Kenny Bell 2.8LC Mammoth w/168MM Oval TB , Stainless Works LT and 3" retro exhaust, DSS Aluminum 1 piece DS, Lund Racing Tune, CS-1 Gunmetal 20" wheels, trunk mounted "chiller" tank and auxiliary pump, N2MB.com WOT Box, BRM adj. Lower Control Bars and Adj. Pan hard Bar more to come

Trophies
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think you could clear the hood by trimming part of the hood brace

sent from mah turlet using tapaturd pro

"This site is unique from alot of the others. We're a car club that grew a website, whereas alot of the others are websites about cars."- Ultamax

"I'd put a Westside sticker on my car but I would get Westside in trouble!!!"- Timbostang

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is part of what I read. But not sure if both the hood trimming and the lowered motor mounts are required. If the lowered mounts are required, the headers have to be "clearenced" and not sure how easy that will be, or if they have to be removed to accomplish that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2011 SVT GT500 COBRA
    Steeda Sport Springs, Steeda Triple Pass Exchanger and fans, Evolution 10% lower, Kenny Bell 2.8LC Mammoth w/168MM Oval TB , Stainless Works LT and 3" retro exhaust, DSS Aluminum 1 piece DS, Lund Racing Tune, CS-1 Gunmetal 20" wheels, trunk mounted "chiller" tank and auxiliary pump, N2MB.com WOT Box, BRM adj. Lower Control Bars and Adj. Pan hard Bar more to come

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought I would add, the stainless works headers, purchased in January last year clear the passenger side with the 3/4" KB lowered mounts, the drivers side has an intermittent buzz from the #7 header pipe and the steering shaft, going to see if the colum will move a bit to clear .
    Will continue to post more as the work progresses.
    2011 SVT GT500 COBRA

5. Thanks Whitey92LX thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSPSTANGBANGER View Post
    I ran stainless works on a lowered engine mount k-member with no issues in my 2014.

Have you looked into the Paxton/Vortech stuff?

If you aren't doing a built sleeved motor the Paxton/Vortech setups have proven more powerful and faster than all the twin screw setups and don't have hood clearance issues.
    Me thinks this thread is in the wrong place and confusing everyone that has posted.
    a wise man once said, "you should never deny yourself a donut."

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy View Post
    Me thinks this thread is in the wrong place and confusing everyone that has posted.
    As I started the question at the beginning, I was not sure if this was the correct place to ask.
    Any guidance where to post or as this would be appreciated.

2011 SVT GT500 COBRA

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fixed it.
    Yea I was surfing through tapatalk and can't see signatures
    The post was in a 11-14 5.0l tech so I assumed coyote.

The 11-14 GT500 is probably best suited for the regular S197 tech forum so I moved it.

Sorry for all the confusion.

On a Gt500 the Kenne Bell LC Would be my choice as well.
    2014 GT Premium A6

Sleeved Block 80MM Billet 3BB Comp turbo Full Suspension tuned by Black Mamba Speed - 138.8mph pedaling on 10psi

Trophies
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps we should start a GT500 tech forum?

"This site is unique from alot of the others. We're a car club that grew a website, whereas alot of the others are websites about cars."- Ultamax

"I'd put a Westside sticker on my car but I would get Westside in trouble!!!"- Timbostang

10. Thanks SSPSTANGBANGER thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey92LX View Post
    Perhaps we should start a GT500 tech forum?
    Great idea
    2014 GT Premium A6

Sleeved Block 80MM Billet 3BB Comp turbo Full Suspension tuned by Black Mamba Speed - 138.8mph pedaling on 10psi

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsweet View Post
    As I started the question at the beginning, I was not sure if this was the correct place to ask.
    Any guidance where to post or as this would be appreciated.

The emoticon was directed @ SSPSTANGBANGER, not you.

It served to prove a point that tapatalk is not working well on this site.

You cannot see banners or signatures.

It was most likely as close as you can get to the correct portion of the forums.
    a wise man once said, "you should never deny yourself a donut."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast