Oh my. I don't let him near my rear end :/
    -- Admiral Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ROFLMAO! You can fool some of the people some of the time...

...and take full advantage of those that don't have a clue, lol! This is better than making the phone book by a mile!

Seriously, thanks. I try and pass on what I have learned the easy and hard ways, and try and encourage folks to try things. Heck, if I can do it, so can you, lol!

There are far too many folks that have influenced me ove the years, both good and bad, to recall and list all of them. However, as a whole, the 'net communities like WSM are what keeps the motivation, interest, entertainment, and desire to continue going. So, I ask each and everyone to reflect on what they are doing for the community to perpetuate, improve, and make this hobby/passion enjoyable for all...

I like long walks on the beach, holding hands, and open, honest dialogue, and aspire to be a personal trainer helping disabled Pygmy goats..

/end of acceptance speech

3. Likes 00mach1, 85coupe50, Whitey92LX liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good thread Guy! I would have to say my main hero was my father, as riding in and working on his car was my first exposure to Mustangs.

Back when my mom was pregnant with me, they had an Austin-Healey bugeye Sprite as their only car. My dad ran autocross races and enjoyed driving a sports car. But when I was born, he had to "grow up" and buy a "family car" to transport me. So he went to Tommie Vaughn Ford and bought one of the first 65 Mustang fastbacks they had back on March 2nd or 3rd, 1965. Wimbleton White, blue interior, 289 V8, auto, AC and wire hubcaps. I had a nice new Mustang to ride home from the hospital in!

I remember even as a young kid, probably 7 or 8, getting the canister vacuum cleaner out and cleaning the interior of the Mustang every couple of weeks, and washing it myself. Windex too! I just enjoyed doing it and really liked "working" on the car. My mom eventually got her license and he got her a 69 Torino GT, Gulfstream Aqua with white stripes and white vinyl interior. Nice car, but not a Mustang.

But in 76, the poor Mustang's oil pump went out and my dad sold it to the shop hand at the gas station by his work for $250. The trans slipped, ac didn't work, radio was broken, it had been crunched by a 57 Chevy in the rear (and repaired by TVF) but I couldn't believe he sold it. I wanted that car, even though I was only 11.

Also living a short bike ride from TVF was a benefit as I could ride over to their showroom and look at the new cars and get brochures to look at. My mom didn't like me going as we lived west of TC Jester, so I had to cross a busy street, but I enjoyed going there as often as I could.

When I was looking at a first car, my grandparents offered to buy me something and let me pay them back. I thought about an 81 Mustang, but for some reason , I didn't really pursue it. Maybe because of the anemic motor, but probably because my grandfather was a big GM man, even though he owned a Ford truck.

Any way, my wife would be my other Mustang hero since she let me get my new 87 LX way back in 87. We had already picked out and put a deposit on a new Acura Integra for her, but I happened on the Ford dealer that was down by Sugarland (Champion Ford) and they had six 5.0 LX hatches with AC only. So I begged her to let me buy it, instead of the Acura. That was the best buy ever as I drove it for 24 years.

Sorry for the long story, but I've had a lot of Mustang influence in my life!
    87 LX 5.0 - bought new 3/31/87 - 306,000+ mile former daily driver with a blown engine. :(
    Ask me about Fox 5 lug info.

2016 Ruby Red/ Ebony PP GT - new daily driver :D

5. Likes Whitey92LX liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some great stories here!!

My grandfather on my dad's side was a Chevrolet salesman and therefore everything my family bought was GM.. My Mustang hero I would say is my Cousin-in-law Adam..
    I think I was about 14 when I was at my Aunt/Uncles and my cousin came by with her new boyfriend in his 84 Mercury Capri RS with a friend in his 1990 GT and I fell in love.. She married him and I spent weekends helping him work on it and convert it over to EFI..

When I turned 15-16 my parents gave me the 85 Chevy Monte Carlo they bought new and dad was upset when I told him I wanted a Mustang instead.. They sold it and I got some of the $$ towards finding one while working summers. . I Hounded my cousin-in-law to tell his friend to sell me the 1990 GT for about 2 years and finally I got a call one day saying if I still wanted it, he was ready to sell it.. Still have that car today and I'll be buried with that car!! She's come a long way since then and there is still more to do but here how she sits currently..

I'd also have to say someone who has taught me alot the last few years is @Neighbors... He definitely knows his stuff and I'm glad he likes to share his knowledge with me on things that will help me in the future when I eventually open my own shop!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 00mach1; 04-17-2016 at 12:45 PM.
    http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/6909/mybanner4a01fbcd4488e.jpg[/img][/URL]

2011 Grabber Blue 5.0 Brembo car (Daily)
    2000 GT Auto- Totaled :(
    1990 GT 5 spd- Never ending project
    1990 Coupe-(Girlfriends car)
    1990 GT- Sold
    1994 Lightning

7. Likes Whitey92LX liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, my great aunt tells a story of our minister at the time, Rev Gentry asking me a young 2 year ole to sing him a song. The young 2 year ole belts out very proudly "Mustang Sally! Girl you betta slow that Mustang down!" My great aunt tries to stop the young lad, but he keeps going right in the middle of the church.

Later, I was stationed with my mentor Fletch in Toledo, Ohio. He and a friend of his had close to 40 different Mustangs over the years, buying, selling and trading. When I met him he was driving a 1986 Convertible which he paid $700 for and drove back and forth from Michigan to Toledo. Impressive I thought. After some discussions, he was able to find "what is now known as Purplestuff" and the rest is history. One story that comes to mind is when I told him to pull the E-brake on the '86 to hold the FRONT tires in place while he jacked up the rear. He kindly looked over and said, "you have a lot to learn, young grasshopper! E-brakes only work on the rear. Ouch!
    Last edited by Stangfun; 04-17-2016 at 06:14 PM.

WestsideMustangs: W128
    2012 FFW Fastest 5.0 Award Winner at Royal Purple Raceway Baytown Tx.
    1.31 60' 10.02 at 132 mph.

9. Likes Whitey92LX liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are and always have been my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey92LX View Post
    We all started in the Mustang game early on, not really knowing nothing about nothing and learning along the way. Who was the most influential person on your pathway to seek Mustang knowledge and inspired you to be a better and more knowledgeable enthusiast?

sent from mah turlet using tapaturd

Trophies
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tattooed1 View Post
    You are and always have been my idol.
    Don't fret! Pick up your Whitey92Lx starter pack!

Last edited by Whitey92LX; 04-19-2016 at 02:28 PM.

"This site is unique from alot of the others. We're a car club that grew a website, whereas alot of the others are websites about cars."- Ultamax

"I'd put a Westside sticker on my car but I would get Westside in trouble!!!"- Timbostang

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sausage is a nice touch,LMFAO

13. Thanks Whitey92LX thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all i have is bologna and Far beyond driven.

15. Likes Whitey92LX liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12