Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Air pressure in slicks ?

I put some slicks on my ranger and they said they didn't need tubes. I ran about 17 psi in the et streets. Will they hold air if I go that low on tire pressure? I'm not sure if they will spin on the rim if I go to low

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've run my 26x10 ET Drags as low as 10.5 PSI. Start with your 17psi & go from there. The only way to know if they're spinning on the rim is to mark the wheel and the tire and give it a try.

I don't think you'll have a problem running without tubes. I personally have not had any trouble running without them for years.
    Tony S.
    W-222
    1990 Mustang GT 5.0L 5spd Grocery Getter

3. Likes faststang90 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You shouldn't have any problems but if you want some extra insurance next time you break the bead use Permatex High Tack and glue the bead to the rim. This will help seal the bead and prevent the tire from turning on the rim. If you do some searching on google you can probably find a video or detailed directions if you have any questions. It works!

1.26 60'
    5.78 @ 117 1/8
    9.17 @ 141 1/4

417" Brodix Track 1X naturally aspirated @ 2900 lbs → → → http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfjkNF0SrKU

5. Likes faststang90 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we made a few passes and I can see I have to much air in them now. I marked the tire at the valve stem so I can see if the rim spins in the tire. so far so good. I'm going to lower next time at the track.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without rim screws I couldn't go below 11.5 psi in ET drags without then moving slightly on the wheel. The more power you make, the more it will move. High tach works to a point, but I realized this year, it isn't working at my power level. I marked mine a few months ago and they moved 2" on the rim every pass! As much as I hated to drill my Billet Streetlites, I went ahead and installed Rim Screws. Now I've dropped them to 10.5 and still am not getting the sixty foot I'm looking for. Gonna continue playing with shock settings and turning it up more.
    Carl Smith W37
    2014 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium 12.87@110. bone stock
    80 Coupe Carbed stroked and sprayed Windsor mid 5s in the 1/8 on nitrous and Mickey Drag Radials
    WSM Car of the Year 2009!!!
    Sponsors: Foreman Racing Heads, Davinci Carbs
    Carlrenee1 at comcast dot net

8. Likes faststang90 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah right now they have around 25 psi and I can see the center of the tire is the only spot touching. I think next time out I'm going to try 18 and see if they move.