User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saleen and Mustang Cruise to Late Model Restoration This Saturday, May 14th!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saleen and Mustang Cruise to Late Model Restoration This Saturday, May 14th!

We did this about 3 years ago and had folks join us from all over the state.

They really know how to show us a good time. The event has outgrown their storefront, now taking place at McLane Stadium at Baylor University in Waco.
    It runs from 8am to 1pm. This cruise-in is Mustang, and Lightning specific. There will be a mobile dyno ($65 For 2 Pulls), various food vendors, multiple door prizes, and giveaways. There will be no cost of admission. The food vendors will accept cash, and all major credit cards. There will be a separate area for spectator parking as well.
    Folks will be coming from all around the state for this, which means logging alot of fun-filled miles. I for one, don't feel like I have to be there at 8.

It's about 3 hours from Houston, so for the folks that care to roll with my group, I'm shooting for an ETA there of 10.

For the Houston area folks:

I'd like to set the meeting point in Hempstead at 290 and 1488. There's an Exxon gas station/convenience store to fill up at which is about two hours from Waco. If we leave there at 8, we should be in Waco by 10.
    For those in the Katy area, we'll be meeting at the Cinemark at I-10 and 99 between 6:30 and 7:00, departing promptly at 7 for the meet up in Hempstead at 7:45-ish. We'll be going 99 to 290 so please make sure you come with a toll tag. Let's meet in the west parking lot of the theater.

For the Austin area folks:
    Wild Side Stangs in Austin is organizing a group. All South Austin Mustangs will gather at the I-35/Slaughter Lane, Home Depot @ 5:00am, Cruise departing @ 6:00am. They will then meet up with the North Austin crew at a mile marker 281 Safety Rest Stop just south of Salado, Texas. From there, they will continue on together in one giant pack of Mustangs to our destination, McLain Stadium for the LMR meet.

For the DFW area folks:
    We've got some good interest from the DFW area folks. If I hear of a consolidated plan for a cruise, I will pass it along. If not, we'll see you in Waco.

Remember, come with your car in good shape, air in your tires, a full tank of gas, and an empty bladder.
    We'll be using the smartphone walkie-talkie app Zello to keep in touch during the cruise. It beats the heck out of texting or calling. I use a headphone/mic setup for hands-free driving. Search Zello for "Saleen Club of America - Texas", and request to be added.

Give me a shout if you plan to attend so we get a good headcount!

https://lmr.com/products/lmr-cruise-in-2016
    Last edited by joesgt281; 05-13-2016 at 12:56 PM.
    Saleen Club of America - Texas State Rep (yeah, I know, but I love Shelbys too!)
    www.saleenclubofamerica.com

2. Likes Bobd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like fun! I have to go up a little earlier to meet up with the bullitt owners club but I will see yall at the stadium! Hoping for good weather!

4. Likes joesgt281 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went the first year and it was a blast......

6. Likes joesgt281 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bullitt4439 View Post
    Sounds like fun! I have to go up a little earlier to meet up with the bullitt owners club but I will see yall at the stadium! Hoping for good weather!
    Cool Kurtis, see you there!
    Saleen Club of America - Texas State Rep (yeah, I know, but I love Shelbys too!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might just make this event

You taking the Saleen Joe?

'99 MUSTANG SALEEN/COBRA #320
    '99 MUSTANG SALEEN #201
    '86 CORVETTE

9. Likes joesgt281, Whitey92LX liked this post
    Trophies
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we are a definite maybe. :P

"This site is unique from alot of the others. We're a car club that grew a website, whereas alot of the others are websites about cars."- Ultamax

"I'd put a Westside sticker on my car but I would get Westside in trouble!!!"- Timbostang

11. Likes joesgt281 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saleen and Mustang Cruise to Late Model Restoration This Saturday, May 14th!

Will be leaving from lake Conroe area, will try to meet up on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dsweet; 05-11-2016 at 01:13 PM.
    2011 SVT GT500 COBRA
    Steeda Sport Springs, Steeda Triple Pass Exchanger and fans, Evolution 10% lower, Kenny Bell 2.8LC Mammoth w/168MM Oval TB , Stainless Works LT and 3" retro exhaust, DSS Aluminum 1 piece DS, Lund Racing Tune, CS-1 Gunmetal 20" wheels, trunk mounted "chiller" tank and auxiliary pump, N2MB.com WOT Box, BRM adj. Lower Control Bars and Adj. Pan hard Bar more to come

13. Likes joesgt281 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 99SALEEN/COBRA View Post
    I might just make this event

You taking the Saleen Joe?
    But of course!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey92LX View Post
    we are a definite maybe. :P
    A definite definite is even better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsweet View Post
    Will be leaving from lake Conroe area, will try to meet up on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great David, we'll catch up on the road. Just Zello us when you're rolling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast