User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the current status of your Mustang hobby?

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    currently on hold going on 3 years. getting some side stuff done so that I have money to forge ahead to get the 87 Coupe finished, then the 89 coupe, 92 coupe? and the 91 coupe. Once those are done and produced some $$$ then on to the 66 coupe and then finally the 64 fairlane 2 door post!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...I have 252 miles now on the 347 I built for the LX in 2003. Not bad, 19.4 miles/year. The clutch isn't even broken in per Spec...

3. Likes hoopty5.0, MBR, silver408coupe, FORGED88 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After taking over a year to finish all the "upgrades" I kind of lost interest in it. I drove it maybe once a month after it was complete. This lasted about a year. I have been wanting something newer for awhile so I sold the coupe in July.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Capri is slow...make that no going. The wife's '93 has gotten a shove in HP dept. Chris' Car Doc made some magic with the tune and now I'm just trying to finish up some details before finally being done with it. It's a really nice cruiser that should hold its own with a few Shelby's and SS's. But hopefully I can get motivated (and some time off from work) to make some progress on the Capri.
    There's a thin line between hobby and mental illness

6. Likes TRENTMONSTER liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is pretty much complete, (Well, there is never a complete), but I've begun to think of selling it. The boy wants a WRX and the wife wants a Jeep again, so thinking about trading/selling it for one of those. I'm the only one who enjoys the fox.
    2008 Chevy Tahoe (wifeys ride)
    2006 Chevy CC Z71
    1992 LX coupe (future Daily Driver) build thread--> http://www.westsidemustangs.com/show...-s-white-coupe

8. Likes Whitey92LX liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Active. Bullitt is still stock but i did break 49k miles!

Drove out to Savannah in July for Bullitt nationals and to run Roebling Road. Also ran tail of the dragon on the North Carolina/ Tennessee border on the way up there.

Mustang only show at Kemah this weekend. Hoping to go run MSR Houston in November and go out to Kerrville to run three sisters as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a blackhole. Started off changing the fluids a couple weeks after I bought it. Yanked the motor when I found a ton of rust in the cooling system and used that as an excuse to purchase a motor, trans, turbo, 5 lug Cobra brakes, Maximum Motorsports front setup, 04 Cobra IRS and redo the interior. It has been sitting for 2.5 years because of rusty coolant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighbors View Post
    ...I have 252 miles now on the 347 I built for the LX in 2003. Not bad, 19.4 miles/year. The clutch isn't even broken in per Spec...
    Sounds like you might have to finally fill up the gas tank here soon. I usually do not get more than 255 miles per tank on my Mustangs.
    -- Admiral Aaron

12. Likes hoopty5.0 liked this post
    Trophies
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've completed my first high-hp build and am about to build my first transmission.

Then I'm gonna go whoop up on all those Porsches that hurt my Coyote's feelings.
    My name is Collin and I have a problem.

14. Likes Snipe656 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopty5.0 View Post
    I've completed my first high-hp build and am about to build my first transmission.

Then I'm gonna go whoop up on all those Porsches that hurt my Coyote's feelings.
    Make sure your Mustang is smoking pretty badly when you do it. It helps make the Porsche owner feel even lesser a human when a old smoking car beats them. I did that to a brand new 911 Turbo years ago on 290 because my dipstick tube was not fully seated, ah his face, it was priceless.
    -- Admiral Aaron

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast