Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipe656 View Post
    I do not know if that is much of the issue because I had one living on jackstands for 7+ years but was still active on forums back then and the forums back then were just active. I do not think it really is the forums to blame but just a difference in how people tackle online "social interactions".
    Well I was mainly referring to cruises and meets but you're right too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My name is Collin and I have a problem.

Trophies
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do agree that when there are plenty of events, cruises, shows, track days and meets the online activity does go way up. I coordinated events for several years, (when WSM was very active) and ever since I have stopped so has the online traffic. It'd be nice if we had some fresh blood step up to the plate and start putting together really cool events again! Then I would be forced to finally quit BSing and finally go find my 93 Cobra that is going to be mine one day.

you know... since I am currently between Mustangs.

"If you cant fix it with zip ties or WD40, then you need a bigger hammer."

"This site is unique from alot of the others. We're a car club that grew a website, whereas alot of the others are websites about cars."- Ultamax

"I'd put a Westside sticker on my car but I would get Westside in trouble!!!"- Timbostang

Trophies
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey92LX View Post
    I do agree that when there are plenty of events, cruises, shows, track days and meets the online activity does go way up. I coordinated events for several years, (when WSM was very active) and ever since I have stopped so has the online traffic. It'd be nice if we had some fresh blood step up to the plate and start putting together really cool events again! Then I would be forced to finally quit BSing and finally go find my 93 Cobra that is going to be mine one day.

I know of a good one

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually never attended any cruises or meets and only once went to a track day. Yet for many years I was very active on a lot of car forums, mainly Mustang related, heck I think I am still a moderator and maybe even administrator on a few even though I almost never log into them. I think it is a combination of things that makes a forum active, not sure what the combination is but really have noticed almost all of them I would get on are pretty dead these days.

I still get on here from time to time but I never was super active on here. I feel like I am between Mustangs even though I still have my 67 Fastback(waiting on us to install brakes for a year now) and my beater 4-banger 92 vert(waiting on my to do coolant lines so can go to next kid for use), oh and had my brothers HCI 93 GT for over a year now as some lovely driveway artwork with its fancy car cover.
    -- Admiral Aaron

Trophies
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know! Ive been eyeballing it, but really cant spend the money on one right now. Maybe someday in the distant future.

"If you cant fix it with zip ties or WD40, then you need a bigger hammer."

"This site is unique from alot of the others. We're a car club that grew a website, whereas alot of the others are websites about cars."- Ultamax

"I'd put a Westside sticker on my car but I would get Westside in trouble!!!"- Timbostang

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know! Ive been eyeballing it, but really cant spend the money on one right now. Maybe someday in the distant future.
    It's only money, go buy it. And don't give us any adult excuses like needing retirement or paying for kid schools. We are all about bad money decisions in this hobby.

-- Admiral Aaron

7. Likes Whitey92LX liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also far prefer the forum format when it comes to Technical information and buying / selling, but that doesn't make it the right answer. It seems people's attention spans have been all but eradicated at this point.

Unfortunately, I am pretty inactive online, as I just have a lot on my plate in real life at the moment. I used to love going to the track days & would like to do that again.
    Tony S.
    W-222
    1990 Mustang GT 5.0L 5spd Grocery Getter

9. Likes Whitey92LX liked this post
    Trophies
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think once my car is done (this stage at least) I am going to delete FB and just keep my Instagram. That'll force me to use the forums and distance myself from all the lunacy and idiocy that seems to be prevalent. I like my build threads, I have learned 95% of what I know about mustangs on the build threads.

11. Likes Whitey92LX, TxFireman1972 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also strayed away from the WSM site. Just busy with life pretty much. Tried FB, ended up deleted the page a few years back. The forums are always great, especially for keeping up with local racing friends of ole. It's hard to say what will brings things back to what they were a few years ago. Just know this, if this site disappears we'll all miss it dearly I bet.
    Last edited by Stangfun; 12-26-2016 at 07:44 PM.

WestsideMustangs: W128
    2012 FFW Fastest 5.0 Award Winner at Royal Purple Raceway Baytown Tx.
    1.31 60' 10.02 at 132 mph.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I check in here probably once a week. Used to check several times a day, but with my new job being more internet strict, I can't browse forums as much as before. I'm part of two other facebook groups, a Pontiac Vibe one and the Houston S550s, so those posts get pushed to my facebook feeds and I keep current on them. Wish there was a way to merge the forums and facebook, giving us the info on our feeds of what is going on in the forums. But I do prefer the layout of forums since fb is too hard to follow much of the time with all of the sub conversations in a post.

Hopefully this page stays here for a good long time. It has been about 18-20? years, right?
    87 LX 5.0 - bought new 3/31/87 - 306,000+ mile former daily driver with a blown engine. :(
    Ask me about Fox 5 lug info.

2016 Ruby Red/ Ebony PP GT - new daily driver :D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123