Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Important Please Read! - WSM Activity

Hey guys, obviously WSM is not as active as it used to be. I hold myself partially to blame for not putting together meets and events like I used to. Joe is doing a great job of hosting the weekly Texas Borders meets still and I hope to see that meet continue on for many more years, since I'd like to think of that as our most traditional meet.

Life is always changing and other hobbies, interests, responsibilities etc. are always going to take priority in life, no matter what. One thing I have taken away from all of the years of being involved with this club is the cycle of members and activity that this group goes through. I do want to keep this site going and would also like to begin making some changes for the better of this group. It just takes time and dedication to keep up the momentum sometimes, as well as new and fresh ideas. Anyone can take a look at any online forum really, and see that perhaps the days of online forums are dead, and people have moved on to other options such as facebook and who know what?

First thing I would like to is get some opinions from everyone. What other directions can we take this website to gain more regular activity? What other online resources do you follow and how do you access them? Which are your favorite ones and what do you like about them. I am open to dropping the VBulletin forum format if it will increase traffic and activity, and make this group/website/club great again, but I need some real world suggestions from people.

This may or may not take a lot of time to implement these changes, but I think we are at a point where we need to make some changes, or else WSM may just become irrelevant and slowly fade away.

BTW this is a serious post, so please keep this thread clean and on topic.

"This site is unique from alot of the others. We're a car club that grew a website, whereas alot of the others are websites about cars."- Ultamax

"I'd put a Westside sticker on my car but I would get Westside in trouble!!!"- Timbostang

2. Likes dsweet, selbyvince, Omega, hoopty5.0 liked this post
    Trophies
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In all honesty, I'm still on here daily. I have a desktop at work and I keep up with it all the same. It's a little disheartening to see the other posts have dropped so much, but in the same token, my build thread has amassed 100k+ views in a hair over 2 years, so there is still plenty of "traffic" it seems. I think getting more build threads going would be helpful in attracting more attention.
    My name is Collin and I have a problem.

4. Thanks Whitey92LX thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Facebook page is not booming either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes Whitey92LX liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not have, nor will ever have, a Facebook page or use any social media avenues. Not that makes much difference, as I do very little...

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, I check in with WSM at least three to four times a day. Unfortunately I do not own a mustang at this point ,but still like to keep myself up to date on the mustang world.

Quote Originally Posted by hoopty5.0 View Post
    In all honesty, I'm still on here daily. I have a desktop at work and I keep up with it all the same. It's a little disheartening to see the other posts have dropped so much, but in the same token, my build thread has amassed 100k+ views in a hair over 2 years, so there is still plenty of "traffic" it seems. I think getting more build threads going would be helpful in attracting more attention.

9. Thanks Whitey92LX thanked for this post
    Trophies
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The amount of retardation running rampant on the car pages on FB is truly staggering. Yall aren't missing anything

My name is Collin and I have a problem.

11. Thanks Whitey92LX thanked for this post
    Likes Whitey92LX liked this post
    Trophies
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The amount of retardation running rampant on the car pages on FB is truly staggering. Yall aren't missing anything

Especially on the for sale pages..

"This site is unique from alot of the others. We're a car club that grew a website, whereas alot of the others are websites about cars."- Ultamax

"I'd put a Westside sticker on my car but I would get Westside in trouble!!!"- Timbostang

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I check in daily as well. Mostly to follow the build threads. I haven't posted much lately because my build is at a standstill.

I don't do facebook so really this is my only venue for car related stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't stand the redundant posts on FB asking the most basic technical questions over and over with some of the worst possible unmoderated advice ever. The idiocy is overwhelming to the point I removed myself from most of the pages. The buying and selling is probably the only side of it that isn't a complete waste.

Guy, I wish there was an easy answer and it doesn't seem that most forums are active. Many of the once thriving ones I frequent are only getting single digit new threads daily.

15. Likes Whitey92LX, hoopty5.0 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. I wish I knew the Magic answer, because believe me, I definitely prefer forums over the Facebook groups. I wish some of the Facebook generation would spend more time on the forums. They could search for answers much easier and could eliminate 90% of the questions they ask. Sadly that's how a lot of them operate. Make a post every time something pops in their head, without even trying to find the answer first. They want it all, they want it now, and they don't want to have find the answer. They want you to provide them a complete list of everything they need and a step by step instruction on how to do it! SAD!!!!

Guess i need to update my build thread with the few small additions I've made lol

One day the same people that doubt your dream will tell people how they met you!

17. Likes Whitey92LX liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast