Thread: tranny and brake noise

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tranny and brake noise

I NEED HELP! I have a 2014 gt500 with 8,900 miles on it. All of a sudden the transmission started making a roaring noise and counter reacts to me using my brakes but after hitting the brake it sounds like the caliper is leaving the pads loose. When i come to a stop the noise continue for about 3 seconds and stopped ounce. When i got home the traction light came on but cut off when i restarted the car. Any body have a clue?

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTie View Post
    I NEED HELP! I have a 2014 gt500 with 8,900 miles on it. All of a sudden the transmission started making a roaring noise and counter reacts to me using my brakes but after hitting the brake it sounds like the caliper is leaving the pads loose. When i come to a stop the noise continue for about 3 seconds and stopped ounce. When i got home the traction light came on but cut off when i restarted the car. Any body have a clue?

What I've seen with these car is that folks leave the traction control on when trying to drive the car hard. Then the rear brakes apply trying to keep the car from spinning. This in return burns up the clutch. I have a friend with an 08 and a 14. He's burned the clutch up in both of his cars due to this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The x pipe was flange was up against the tranny bracket and was feeding constant noise up thru the transmission tunnel area until I hit the brakes. Then when i let of the brakes or sat for a veiw seconds it vibrate and knock itself against the bracket. I had to notch it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTie View Post
    The x pipe was flange was up against the tranny bracket and was feeding constant noise up thru the transmission tunnel area until I hit the brakes. Then when i let of the brakes or sat for a veiw seconds it vibrate and knock itself against the bracket. I had to notch it.
    That was easy enough.