Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2009 Mustang 4.0L V6

OK, needing some help here.

Just bought my daughter a 2009 V6 and we have had 2 issues since buying it.

It had a leak in he thermostat housing which I have read is pretty common on these cars so I ordered one from American Muscle and installed it. That fixed that issue.

THe second issue is that while we ordered the thermostat housing the car sat for about a week and a half apart until we could install the new part and when we were finished the battery was drawn all the way down. I have charged it fully and took it I to be tested as the battery is only 3 months old and tested good. When I charge the battery with my trickle charger over night it starts right up the next day as expected. If it sits during the day the draw isn't enough to draw it down to where I cannot start it, only if it sits over night. Where should I start, I hate electrical issues and need some guidance on how to troubleshoot where the draw is coming from. The weird part is that the battery was fine before I had it sitting for the week while I was waiting for the thermostat housing to come in.

2004 Cobra - Weekend Warrior
    2010 F-150 - Daily

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scottie did you ever get this figured out. Sorry I didn't see it sooner been busy at work and moving

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its at a shop now. I found a bunch of wires under the dash and over by the ECU that were just cut and hanging there. Apparently the car had an aftermarket alarm in it and someone decided just to cut the wires where they had spliced them into the wiring harness. I removed all of those and it was still drawing so I said screw it and took it in. In doing some more research apparently the shaker radio in these years have a known issue that the radio actually stays on after the car is turned off and cycles through the CD's until the battery is dead. The funny thing is when I jumped the car prior to taking it into the shop I did notice that when I hooked up the jumper cables the radio turned on without me putting the key in. I really didn't pay any attention to it until I read up on that defect and a light bulb went off. The shop took the radio out yesterday and is doing a parasitic draw on it today just to make sure that is what is doing it. If that is what it is looks like she will be getting a new head unit.

2010 F-150 - Daily

4. Likes fordracing9116 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool man. I know that and their was a ground pin that would come loose leaving the radio on

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the issue is still there and the shop cannot pinpoint where the draw is coming from. Does anyone know of a shop on the North side that specializes in Electrical issues?

2010 F-150 - Daily

Trophies
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    message Jason Wallace on FB. He does alot of neat electrical stuff on cars and can probably get you all squared away quickly.

"This site is unique from alot of the others. We're a car club that grew a website, whereas alot of the others are websites about cars."- Ultamax

"I'd put a Westside sticker on my car but I would get Westside in trouble!!!"- Timbostang