Thread: Pushrods - Correvt Size

Feedback Score

Pushrods - Correvt Size

Is there a particularly pusshrods that is better than the other. I'm not too familiar with pussrod, pusshrod lengths, pusshrod quality, etc. How to check them and other pussrod issues that come about...what is the best tool to get, Building a stroked 408. Thanks guys.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    order the comp cams pushrod length checker. make a solid lifter out of a stock lifter, throw checker (soft) springs on a cylinder along with the rockers you're going to use, play with the length until you find the one that gives you the least amount of rocker travel and gets the contact point of the rocker as close to the center of the valve stem as possible. unless you've done something really out there it'll probably end up being an off the shelf length.

as for pushrod type smith brothers has a good chart that shows what you need for a given spring pressure, rocker/lifter combo and rpm range.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    meow.

speel check not working?
    a wise man once said, "you should never deny yourself a donut."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have some that I was going to run in my 408 with a roller cam conversion cam with stock Hydraulic roller lifters. brand new not used.
    Matt

Texas DPS Engine Swap Info
    Rockin the 2007 S197 GT

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    check with [MENTION=5311]easystroke[/MENTION] as I gave him my 351W pushrod length checker when I was done with my 408. He might be able to help you. I have all mine but you would have to check the length first to know what you need.

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys...for knowing what a pussrod is.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    you will need to determine what style lifters and rocker arms and heads you are using then you can get a ballpark of what length checking pushrod you need. they aren't one sixe fits all chacker pushrods and have a range they can be used in.
    For example a lot of aftermarket heads like AFR have the rocker arm geometry different than a stock SBF and can be used with a GM pushrod length checking fake rocker arm like the one ProForm sells.
    I have a length checker pushrod here if the one Scott has isn't the right range this one I have might be.

What heads? What rockers? What Cam base circle? What block? What lifters? Stock or Link bar?
    2014 GT Premium A6

Sleeved Block 80MM Billet 3BB Comp turbo Full Suspension tuned by Black Mamba Speed - 138.8mph pedaling on 10psi

Feedback Score
    Well I'm running a hydraulic roller cam stroked 408, CompCams Ultra Gold 1.6 roller rockers, and TrickFlow 205 11R heads. I was going to order the 7.5 - 8.7" length checker

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    [MENTION=11357]RedRaider713[/MENTION] Is this block an original Roller block casting? Not one that needs a retro-roller cam?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider713 View Post
    Well I'm running a hydraulic roller cam stroked 408, CompCams Ultra Gold 1.6 roller rockers, and TrickFlow 205 11R heads. I was going to order the 7.5 - 8.7" length checker
    What lifters? Link bar or stock style? And as mentioned by Matt(85coupe50) what base circle cam?
    2014 GT Premium A6

Sleeved Block 80MM Billet 3BB Comp turbo Full Suspension tuned by Black Mamba Speed - 138.8mph pedaling on 10psi