Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: '16 exhaust

Feedback Score
    New can o' worms: Leave 'em stainless or get them coated locally? I want them to last and look good the entire time.
    Sua Sponte

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 410zmbklr View Post
    New can o' worms: Leave 'em stainless or get them coated locally? I want them to last and look good the entire time.
    Did a little research on that, seems most people are in favor of the ceramic coating rather stainless or mild steel.

Check out this thread: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...-steel-headers

Click HERE for magazine feature
    2016 Mustang GT PP -- CURRENT
    2001 Mustang Bullitt -- CURRENT
    1988 Black LX Coupe -- CURRENT
    2004 Comp. Orange Cobra -- SOLD
    2003 Black Cobra -- SOLD
    2003 Black Mach 1 -- SOLD
    2004 Screaming Yellow Mach 1 -- SOLD
    2003 Black Saleen -- SOLD
    1993 Red LX 5.0 Coupe -- SOLD
    1991 LX 5.0 Hatchback -- SOLD

Feedback Score

New car high

Sua sponte
    Sua Sponte

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very nice man, I went with silver this time instead of black lol. I bought mine, then went offshore the next day for 3 weeks. 1 week left!

Picked up a few parts though. magnaflow competition catback, grill delete, eibach pro lowering springs, black emblems, and have an appointment to get a few things painted. Looks like your windows were already tinted, I had to make an appointment with the dealership to come back and have mind done.

Click HERE for magazine feature
    2016 Mustang GT PP -- CURRENT
    2001 Mustang Bullitt -- CURRENT
    1988 Black LX Coupe -- CURRENT
    2004 Comp. Orange Cobra -- SOLD
    2003 Black Cobra -- SOLD
    2003 Black Mach 1 -- SOLD
    2004 Screaming Yellow Mach 1 -- SOLD
    2003 Black Saleen -- SOLD
    1993 Red LX 5.0 Coupe -- SOLD
    1991 LX 5.0 Hatchback -- SOLD

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I also got black. Nice ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by selbyvince View Post
    Very nice man, I went with silver this time instead of black lol. I bought mine, then went offshore the next day for 3 weeks. 1 week left!

Picked up a few parts though. magnaflow competition catback, grill delete, eibach pro lowering springs, black emblems, and have an appointment to get a few things painted. Looks like your windows were already tinted, I had to make an appointment with the dealership to come back and have mind done.
    I had the stealership send it off to be tinted, and negotiated it out of the price. I'm now looking for a shop that has black tip corsa cat back in stock, so I don't have to tune it/void the warranty right away (all tools, no lift here). Ceramic coated seems to be the way to go, but again that's gonna take time...and I'm impatient.

Sua sponte
    Sua Sponte

Feedback Score
    ok, I just got my first Mustang since a while back. 2017 V6 model and I'm trying to find an exhaust system with a really deep sound. From everything i hear, they all mostly sound like a rice burner or maybe an Indy car. I want that deep Muscle car sound. I'm thinking it may not be possible with the V6 but i'd like to get as close as possible. I realize that long tube headers would help but they aren't in the budget right now. I was thinking of starting out with some cat back system first and then add the headers later but that could present a problem with fitment. I'm really confused with all the mid pipe stuff to be honest. Delete the resonator and use an x-pipe or H-pipe? Emissions is another concern since I live in Harris county. I just need help in making the right component choices that leaves the option of adding the headers later. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Greg
    2017 Magnetic Metallic Ford Mustang V6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12